Sea Moss Preparation Suggestions
Preparing 1King Merchandise St. Lucian Sea Moss is simple. Just follow these steps!:
- Rinse and clean a portion of the 1King Merchandise sea moss. It is an ocean grown product, so it may have picked up some debris while growing. St Lucian farmers do an excellent job at cleaning it, but you should still inspect and remove any remaining sand or debris.
- Cover with water and soak at room water until soft and slippery. You can use tap water, but distilled water is preferred. The re-hydration process can take from 4-6 hours. It will swell, double in size and turn semitransparent. Some people prefer adding a dash of lemon juice.
- Drain water and rinse several times. Inspect again and remove any remaining sand or debris. Also, take note of the slight scent.
- You are ready to go!
- If you want to make sea moss gel, place a portion of the re-hydrated sea moss in a blender. Fill with water until the sea moss is almost half way covered. Blend, pour, and chill. It should last around 10 days before the scent changes indicating expiration.
- Experiment with amounts of water. Some people like their gel thicker while others prefer a thinner mixture. The more water that is added, the thinner the gel becomes.
- For a smoother texture, boil it for a few minutes.
- If you don't want to make it yourself, email us. We know some people who will make the gel and send it to you.
At this point, usage is only limited by your creativity.
- Use raw on salads.
- Can be cooked and used hot or cold. Try adding nutmeg, cinnamon, and bay leaves.
- Blend and add to smoothies, protein drinks, or other drinks.
- Add distilled or spring water and blend into a cream. It is wonderful for various skin issues.
How do you use it??? Send us an email and let us know! (Admin@1KingMerchandise.com)